Thursday, November 13, 2008

soundtracks

as I sit && write this blog, I am compelled to ask...do you ever hear certain songs that just fit that current status or situation in your life ?

today, I heard a new kanye west song called "street lights" it read me sooo right !! It made me think of the current long distance relationship im in that almost kinda sorta maybe a little bit came to an end last weekend. just wishing things could be different and this song captured me.



"streets lights, glowing, happen to be, just like moments, passing...in front of me, so I hopped inthe cab && I paid my fare, see I know my destination, I'm just not there.. lifes just not fair"

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel you! It seems like when I put my Ipod on shuffle its usually the first song that plays that is indicative of my situation. I think my Ipod is really a midget in my pocket that listens in on my convos and shit.

YES, I DO BELIEVE THAT MY IPOD IS A EAR HUSTLER...

Coko Mulan said...

awww... urs too huh? I need to listen to this song.

I'm feeling like Prelude to a Kiss by A. Keys

**trucee writer** said...

thats so funny! i was just asking everyone if they could have a song follow them around as a "soundtrack to life" what would it be??
mine at the time was "Live Your Life" by T.I. ft Rihanna..i think it changed.

NOW its Ego by Beyonce!! OMG classic!!

so yes, i def feel you on this one!